Online Math Classes for Kids
By learning math online through our online math classes, students will start at their independent learning level, which allows them to build math confidence right from the start. And most importantly, our students receive instruction, encouragement, and a strong mathematical foundation with the support of a knowledgeable teacher.
Difference Between Online & Offline Math Classes
- For both an online and offline math class to be effective as well as enjoyable for students, the math classes first and foremost have to be led by qualified and engaged teachers. There is evidence that students who participate in online classes with human instruction and support are more likely to learn and reach achievement goals than those in self-paced online classes.
- One of the benefits that online math courses often have over in-person instruction is the teacher-to-student ratio. Often highly effective and high-ranking online math courses provide a very low student-to-teacher ratio like 1:1 or even up to 1:4, where students can collaborate as well as learn from others. Whereas, many in-person classes have more than 25 students to one teacher.
- Different students have different learning needs. Traditional, classroom teaching typically involves a teacher addressing a class of 25 to as many as 40 students. In this model, individual attention to students does not happen.
- Technology is a big advantage many online math courses have over traditional classroom teaching. Online math classes utilize technology to motivate students to learn math concepts while creating fun apps and playing video games. In addition, online math students also learn using paper worksheets, which give them the skill and drill and metacognitive practice they need. Many in-person classes must rely mostly on worksheets because of the vast amounts of students in each class along with a lack of technology available at in-person schools.
- With online math courses, students receive immediate feedback on their homework which allows them to gain confidence moving forward. The quick feedback also provides positive opportunities for students to learn and grow from their mistakes.
Why Learn Math Courses Online?
- Learning math online is convenient and safe. Students can take these courses from any location and schedule them at times that are convenient for their families.
- With online math classes, students can start from where they are rather than at a level that is prescribed by a grade-level curriculum dictated by one-size-fits-all standards.
- Online math courses allow children to learn in an environment that is safe and away from harmful peer relationships, like bullying.
- Often in-person teaching and learning are interrupted because of behavioral issues in a classroom. Students who learn math online won’t be interrupted by other students.
- Students who struggle with focusing in an in-person setting can benefit from learning math online. With a 1:1 or a 1:4 ratio, teachers can help redirect each student if they become disengaged or distracted. This means more learning is happening each day in a shorter amount of time.
Benefits of Online Math Classes
- Often children hesitate to ask questions in class. Learning mathematics online gives children the freedom to ask questions, which helps deepen their understanding of mathematical principles, and strengthens their self-confidence.
- One of the benefits of online math courses is they often use cutting-edge technology. This allows students to learn and practice on software that has been created with the best educational practices in mind. And, because many children love technology, it is often more engaging and motivating than traditional instruction and learning tools.
- When children take math courses online, the parents are notified often of the child’s progress, giving them the ability to support and encourage their child so that they don’t fall behind or become frustrated.
- Students receive instant feedback on their work which allows them to build confidence, to celebrate often, and to learn from their mistakes. They can focus more on learning the “how” and “why” of math rather than solely on whether they got the right answer.
- Online math classes allow for more frequent assessment of children’s progress. This will help them to learn and move forward more quickly. It also provides teachers with the feedback they need to match their instruction with the individual child.